This is my post accepting the nomination for Blogger Recognition Award.
Yay! Can you believe that?
Last Friday Lauren (Autumn’s mummy) tweeted her nominations for the blogger’s recognition, and I am so thrilled to find out I was one of them. It still makes me smile every time I think about it. I mean I just started blogging and have only 14 blog posts up till now. And a nomination for an award? Me? Really?
I know it’s an award given by bloggers to other bloggers and it’s not the biggest deal in the blogging world of course…but still! It feels fantastic that some people out there actual took their time to read through at my random thoughts. I want to thank Lauren for her kind words and support since I started blogging and I love reading her stories about her life as a mother. Here is her blog if you want to take a look.
So there are a few simple rules for the blogger recognition award:
1. Write a post to show your nomination.
2. Make sure to include a link and thank the blogger that has nominated you.
3. Tell us how your blog started.
4. Give two pieces of advice for new bloggers.
5. Select 15 other bloggers that you would like to nominate.
6. Comment on each blog and let them know that you have nominated them with a link to the post you created.
How I started blogging:
I started with wordpress.com about a year ago. Since I started my day job and speaking Swedish all the time, conciousI wanted a platform where I communicate with people in English. But I did not put much effort into it and only updated 2 or 3 posts because I was conscious about my rusty English. I soon got tired of it because of the lack of connection with other bloggers. In 2017 I wanted to start over and challange myself to be more creative. That’s why I started with wordpress.org with a new domain and style. So far it has been very fun and I am so happy to get to know many other bloggers.
My 2 advices for new bloggers:
- Make a plan for your blog. Before you start your blog you might want to think about what people you want to interact with, and what is your goal for blogging. That will give you a guidline for your content and general style for your blog. Whether you want to use your blog as marketing tool for your business or just personal life style and connect with others, it’s much easier to grow if you know your potential reader and your goal. It should’nt be hard if you are passionate about what you are going to blog, and I assume you are!
- Stay curious. Being a blogger means you’re going to be constantly learning new things. Especially for the beginners, I know how overwhelming it can be and you don’t have to do it all at once. But there are so much things that can help your blog and you are the one that decide what do you want to learn. My current struugle is writting skills. And then there are social media like pinterst and stumble upon can bring your lots of reader if you know how to use it. Twitter/IG are great for connecting with like-minded people. Maybe you want to start a youtube channel for your blog and learn about filming/video editing or Photoshop. There are always something new to learn about blogging and I think that’s the fun part.
- amyquitecontrary.wordpress.com @amycontrary
- rachel-emily.com @RachelEmily___
- halfgirlhalfteacup.com @Brittnix
- poppyseeder.com @PPPYSDR
- leahrifephoto.com @Leahrife
- abbeylouisarose.co.uk @abbeylouisarose
- asimplifiedlifeblog.com @mrsfrankson
- theblissfulmind.com @theblissfulmnd
- littlelookbook.me @LittleLookbook
- maybejamie.com @jamiemnoonan
- reflectionsfromaredhead.com @janineripper
- youtube.com/cremecup21 @cremecup21
- www.happinessisblog.com @shanrockeileen
Those are the blogs that I currently enjoy reading very much. There are so many amazing bloggers out there and I wish I have all the time in the world to read everybodies’ posts. People from different countries with different background sharing what they love, could it be a better thing than that…? Don’t think so. Keep up the great work all you lovely bloggers out there, I can’t wait to get to know you better!